New York Minute: an instant. Literally the speed at which time flies in this city. PM turns to AM (and vice versa) in the blink of an eye & vibes change from sneakers to stilettos before you've sipped your mawning cawfie. This city will suck you in and spit you out, but you wouldn't want it any other way.
Whilst majority of my most treasured New York memories have derived from diversions of the plan / moments of spontaneity and pure co-incidence (I was at a house party with Madonna last week, true story) .. I do actually have a guide of MUST "DO-SEE-BUY-EATS" from my short, fun filled time here. It may leave you a few kilograms heavier & your wallet a few hunj bills lighter but it'll be worth every bite & buck.
- Brooklyn Flea Markets - every Sunday by the Hudson River. if you're a sucker for a pre worn vintage tee or looking to decorate your home with the coolest shit ever, be there or be square.
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens - Spring time, cherry blossoms. Take a picnic, a rug & a lover.
- MoMA - this is a must. Block out half your day, of if you're a tight ass go on Fridays after 4pm and entry is free (!!)
- Statue of Liberty - truth be told, I never saw the old bird close up, my one and only (sober) regret from the trip.
- Central Park - hire bikes & be sure to swing by Shake Shack (also a significant EAT). Should you happen to end up in Central Park in a season other than Spring or Summer, I strongly suggest gloves.. gloves and anything else you own, wear it, all at once. The cold in NYC is like no other.
- LOVE Sculpture by Robert Indiana - take an insta pic & tag your loved ones, relatives loves that shit.
- Broadway Show - again, I neglected the Broadway on my most recent visit to NYC however it's definitely an experience worth the last minute discounted ticket. Go out for a boozy dinner prior, it'll make the show seem shorter & the laughs louder.
- Love Adorned, Elizabeth St - Jewellery & Interiors. Every kind of everything a girl could ever want. They also take walk ins for piercings.
- Opening Ceremony, Howard St - 4 floors of YES. It's kind of like heaven.. heaven with a hefty price tag.
- Supreme, Lafayette St - if you're as lucky as I.. you'll catch Dylan Reider out the front. Tip: loiter at the coffee spot next door (La Colombe Coffee - ((bonus being that the coffee is legit)) until you down a macchiato and have the confidence to casually say hi without tripping on your Nike laces or spilling Americano down your white tee... OR just do what I did & take a sneaky selfie with him in the background and text it to your best friend at home as proof you were metres from touching an angel.
- 10 ft Single by Stella Dallas, Brooklyn - wall to wall vintage. I was happily lost in this place alone for at least 3 hours one Saturday afternoon. The only downfall is that you need to return your unwanted selections to the relevant racks YOURSELF so I'd suggest only trying on a handful of items at a time. I learnt the hard way, it was a sweaty post change room experience.
- In God We Trust, Brooklyn OR Lafayette St - 4 girls, guys & knick knacks. Go get some.
- La Esquina (114 Kenmare St) - go DOWNSTAIRS (upstairs is mellow takeaway). order every taco on the menu + the guac (duh).
- The Fat Radish (17 Orchard St) - amazing hidden gem near chinatown. relatively healthy modern cuisine, lush wine. head to Lead Belly across the road for cocktails after.
- Cafe Gitane (242 Mott St) - oui oui. go for breakfast and order the baked eggs with spicy sausage on baguette with an EXTRA side of chipotle mayo. OR take a friend & order the avo toast & baked eggs with salmon to share. might even spy Terry Richardson sipping at the bar if you're lucky.
- Black Market Restaurant (110 Avenue A) - best burger in the city. oysters. burgers. cocktails. das it mang.
- Robertas Pizza (Brooklyn) - funky little gourmet pizza joint. pop your name down a couple of hours in advance then go sip a beer on a brooklyn rooftop so you can cruise on in and eat straight away. the lines are looooong.
- The Standard Hotel - best view of the city by night. outdoor breezy area for a chilled vibe or head to the middle level for a sweaty disco biscuit time.
DAS ALL FOLKS!